- Private Antitrust Litigation in the European Union and Japan – A Comparative Perspective, 356 pp. (Maklu Publishers, February 2013).
Table of Contents Cases Excerpts
Bibliography Index Google books
How to order Updates
Read the reviews in:
Journal of Japanese Law Revue Concurrences
Competition Law Review Global Competition Litigation Review (toc)
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
- Multi-jurisdictioneel concentratietoezicht: bederven veel koks de brij? (Multi-Jurisdictional Merger Control: Do Too Many Cooks Spoil the Broth?), 5/6 Tijdschrift Mededingingsrecht in de Praktijk 62-65 (2016). [SSRN (full text)]
- (with Tadashi Shiraishi), Competition Law in Japan, in Comparative Competition Law, 38 pp. (Arlen Duke, John Duns, Brendan Sweeney eds., Edward Elgar, 2015). [SSRN (full text)]
- Predatory Pricing in Japan - The Battle Between Yamato and Japan Post in the Parcel Delivery Market [published as The Japanese courts dismiss a predatory pricing lawsuit brought by Yamato against Japan Post], e-Competitions Bulletin, 8 pp., www.concurrences.com (added August 2015). [SSRN (full text)]
- What Keeps Plaintiffs away from the Court? An Analysis of Antitrust Litigation in Japan, Europe and the US, in The Changing Role of Law in Japan – Empirical Studies in Culture, Society and Policy Making (Dimitri Vanoverbeke, Jeroen Maesschalck, David Nelken & Stephan Parmentier eds., Edward Elgar, 2014). [SSRN (full text)]
- Competition and Competition Law in Japan: Between Skepticism And Embrace, in Asian Capitalism and the Regulation of Competition 123-143 (Michael W. Dowdle, John S. Gillespie & Imelda Maher eds., Cambridge University Press, 2013). [Cambridge] [SSRN (abstract)]
- The Saitama Saturday Club Case: Political Meddling, Public Opinion and Antitrust Enforcement in Japan at a Turning Point, in Landmark Competition Law Cases - Around the World in Fourteen Stories 183-202 (Barry Rodger ed., Kluwer Law International, 2013) and in Journal of Japanese Law / Zeitschrift für Japanisches Recht 143-164 (Winter 2013). [SSRN (full text)] [Amazon] (short-listed for the Antitrust Writing Awards 2014 by the contest's Academic Steering Committee)
- Collective Actions by Indirect Purchasers: Lessons from the Japanese Oil Cartel Cases, in Collective Actions: Enhancing Access to Justice and Reconciling Multilayer Interests?, 299-338 (Stefan Wrbka, Steven Van Uytsel & Mathias Siems eds., Cambridge University Press, 2012). [Cambridge]
- Private Enforcement of Antitrust Law in Japan: An Empirical Analysis, 8 Competition Law Review 7-28 (2012). [Journal (full text)] [SSRN] (short-listed for the Antitrust Writing Awards 2013 by the contest's Academic Steering Committee)
- Deterrence of Antitrust Violations: Do Actions for Damages Matter in Japan?, 2 Asian Journal of Law and Economics, Issue 4, 1-15 (2011). [Journal] [SSRN (abstract)]
- Antitrust Damages Actions Styled as Unjust Enrichment Claims: A Comment on the Tokyo District Court’s Decision in the Jet Fuel Bid-Rigging Case [published as A Japanese court awards damages (restitution) to the Japanese State in a bid-rigging case concerning the supply of jet fuel], e-Competitions Bulletin, 7 pp., www.concurrences.com (June 2011 (added February 2013)). [SSRN (full text)]
- (with Paulius Jurčys), Summary of Discussions on International Jurisdiction, Applicable Law and Recognition and Enforcement of Judgments in Intellectual Property Litigation, in Intellectual Property in the Global Arena - Jurisdiction, Applicable Law, and the Recognition of Judgments in Europe, Japan and the U.S., 49-51, 148-156, 229-235, 341-346 (Jürgen Basedow, Toshiyuki Kōno & Axel Metzger eds., Mohr Siebeck, 2010). [Table of Contents]
- Book Review: Masako Wakui, Antimonopoly Law: Competition Law and Policy in Japan, 29 Journal of Japanese Law / Zeitschrift für Japanisches Recht 289-292 (Spring 2010).
- (with Ana Baptista et al.), The Experience of 20 Japanese Companies in Belgium - Berugī shinshutsu nikkei kigyō no jōkyō - 20 sha no jirei, 137 pp. (Belgium-Japan Association & Chamber of Commerce, 2006).
- Case Comment: Republic of Iraq v Vinci S.A. (enforcement of judgments against sovereign States), in Oxford Reports on International Law (A. Nollkaemper and E. de Wet eds., Oxford University Press, 2007). [Database (subscription required)]
- Case Comment: Democratic Republic of Congo v Segrim NV (enforcement of judgments against sovereign States), in Oxford Reports on International Law (A. Nollkaemper and E. de Wet eds., Oxford University Press, 2007). [Database (subscription required)]
- (with Joost Verlinden), Arbitration in Belgium, in The International Comparative Guide to International Arbitration 2005, at 58-63 (Alan Falach ed., Global Legal Group, 2005).
- Mag het iets meer zijn? De bescherming van slachtoffers van interne gewapende conflicten na de uitspraken van het ad hoc tribunaal voor ex-Joegoslavië [The Protection of Victims of Internal Armed Conflict in Light of the Recent Case Law of the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia], Zoeklicht (now Internationaal Humanitair Recht in de Kijker), May 2001, 23-29 and VN Berichten (now Wereldbeeld), June 2001, 57-63. [recipient of the Red Cross Essay Contest Prize]
Articles in newsletters
- (with Fanny Dumont, Luca Manigrassi and Staffan Martinsson), Liberty Global/BASE: Fixing it first in the Belgian mobile market, Competition merger brief (European Commission, Brussels), July 2016, at 10-12. [Newsletter (full-text)]
- (with Julia Wambach), No magic number to dial - The Commission's review of mobile telecoms mergers, Competition merger brief (European Commission, Brussels), Nov. 2014, at 10-16. [Newsletter (full-text)]
- Towards a Europe-wide Collective Action?, Global Dispute Resolution (Linklaters LLP, London), Feb. 2008, at 17-18. [Newsletter (full-text)]